What Is Team Building & Why Is It Important?
Team building is one of the most widely used group development activities within organisations, used to enhance social relations and define roles within teams.
Although when presented with the idea of doing team building in businesses, with some people this can hold a negative connotation as it brings up the idea of boring, un-inspiring team building activities that can make some people feel awkward.
This is where Right Angle is different, we offer a range of fun and quirky team building activities, which can be formal or informal depending on your objectives. All of our events are tailored to you, giving you exactly what you want and at a price that suits you.
There are many benefits to team building including building trust, increasing communication, and increasing collaboration between colleagues which in turn benefits your business and the whole company culture and also benefits the company as a whole.
When people who rarely work together are forced to communicate and work together on a task, they can discover that they enjoy the interaction & continue to develop new connections when back in the office. Those who previously may not got along will have to forget their differences in order to overcome an obstacle as they work together for a common goal.
In most offices there are sometimes divisions between groups or different teams. Team building helps break down these barriers by creating a forced interaction between the established groups & creates opportunities for networks & friendships to develop.
Top 10 Tips for A Successful Team Building Event
1. Set a goal and a budget. What do you want to do and how much do you want to spend?
2. Pick a convenient time. Does the time suit everyone? Consider other commitments. Venues are often trying to fill Mondays and Fridays, so if budget is tight, booking on these days can be more cost effective as frequently there are discounts.
3. Anticipate workload. Make sure they do not have too much to catch up with on their return to the work place.
4. Consider travel time. Time is money! Try and keep it local. “Green and Lean”. Is a hotel conference room the right environment? Often, a function room in a pub can work very well. Sometimes they’re free!
5. Make it interesting. Make the event unusual and unique to them.
6. Feed them. Great food for great people! Always have sweets/nibbles/water on the table! Unfortunately, sometimes lots of food is wasted by people trying to leave early to beat the traffic. So give this careful consideration depending on what time your event finishes.
7. Leave titles at the door. Tricky! An even footing for a day works miracles.
8. Challenge them. Get them to work on a company problem and provide clear winners.
9. Get feedback. Provide an amusing feedback facility and publish this to the team.
10. Consult a professional. This is where we come in l We will freely give you advice and information to help you set up a great tea m building or corporate entertainment day. In fact, we would relish the opportunity to help you get the best value for money and a meaningful experience.