We take our corporate social responsibility very seriously at Right Angle Events and aim to do business in a fun and creative way, ensuring that we take responsibility for the impact of our business on the environment and the wider community.
We are a vibrant, fun bunch of people and are extremely passionate about our community and charity work. Most of all we enjoy creating a positive effect on the world around us!
Charity and Community
We undertake charity events throughout the year to raise money for local and national charities, as well as many of our staff taking part in organised national charity events for good causes.
Below is a list of some of the fundraising activities we have taken part in.
- We organise and run an annual casino night at Christmas which we have done since 2011. We have raised a total of £5,000 for local and national charities.
- We hold 12 pro bono ‘Killing’ events a year valued at £12,000.
- We donate six team building raffle prizes for local and national charities throughout the year.
- We are proud to say that we have had eight continuous years of community service abroad. This was six years at an orphanage in Bulgaria and two years in Southern Uganda with Mission Direct. As part of this work we taught Taekwondo and Maths to the children.
- We hold Coffee mornings every year to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support as part of their World’s Biggest Coffee morning.
- We have delivered a Crime and Dine event to raise money for RSPCA.
- Our staff have taken part in sky dives for Multiple Sclerosis Society & MND Association.
- Every half term we do activities in Schools for Food in School Holidays as part of Fish Food Banks. As part of this we do activities with the children including Taekwondo, CSI style activities, laser maze etc.
- For the past few years we have been offering martial arts lesson to women recovering from drug and alcohol dependency. This is done through the Hebron Trust.
- Our Managing Director, Steve Gaskin gives several pro bono talks on Careers at Thetford Academy and Easton and Otley College.
- We raised £100 on behalf of Alzheimer’s Society and took part in their Elf Day.
As part of his charity mission with Mission Direct, our Director, Steve Gaskin visited Uganda. You can read the full story on our blog. Following on from his visit to Uganda, Steve got in contact with Spire Hospital in Norwich and DHL to arrange a donation of 100 pairs of crutches to be shipped to support Chilli Children.
The Hamlet Centre
We did a pro bono Crime & Dine experience for the Hamlet Centre in November. The Hamlet Centre provides recreational, educational and social opportunities for children and adults with profound disabilities and complex health needs. The feedback from the charity was fantastic:
“Great night! Thank you so much @RA_EventsLtd & @DebutRestaurant – you worked so hard and it was amazing! #CSI #MurderMystery #charity”
We often take on students for work experience, some of which are deciding on their career options:
I wanted to say thank you very much again for giving me the opportunity to spend Tuesday and Thursday at Right Angle Events. It has helped me further in deciding what I want to do in the future.
I hope that the event works out well in September, if it is possible, I look forward to being involved.”
“Dear Right Angle Team,
Thanks for a great work experience. I had a great time, it was a really good opportunity.”